As you may know, Hurricane Florence is making its way toward the Carolina Coast. We continue to hope that it causes minimal issues, but we are beginning to prepare in case it is more serious.
Regardless of where Florence tracks, we could experience significant rainfall and potentially severe flooding. We would like to take this opportunity to share a few helpful tips to prepare your home for the severe weather.
We ask you to continue to monitor the weather conditions through local and national media in the coming days.
We also strongly suggest you visit www.readync.org for updated information about the storm.
Rain and Flood Tips:
- Make sure your homeowner's insurance is up to date. Townhome Owners need to carry an HO-3 Policy.
- If you will not be at the property during the storm, please take all pets, valuables, refrigerated and frozen food with you, as well as:
- TURN OFF ALL APPLIANCES AND THE MAIN CIRCUIT BREAKER TO THE HOME!!!
- Clear any balconies, terraces, porches, and patios. Bring in as many of the outside items as possible such as lawn furniture, decorations, and trash cans inside of the home or garage. If you cannot bring them inside- please, try and secure them as best as possible (do not tie to a fence or railing of the home).
- Have an emergency kit on hand that is always easily accessible. This kit should include flashlights, batteries, a first aid kit, a battery-powered radio, and at least three days' worth of water and non-perishable food items, a hand-held can opener and any medical prescriptions.
- Fill all vehicles with gas.
- Some homes may use an electrical pump to move waste water - Clean and sanitize your bathtub and then fill it up with water. This water can be used for flushing the toilet.
If our area experiences power loss and other storm damage, we will update you and respond as quickly as possible once things come back online. We would ask that you be patient and let us get to more critical maintenance issues as quickly as we can before moving on to other non-emergency damage.
If you have an emergency during the storm, please call 911.
If you have a maintenance emergency, please contact call the Kuester Office - (888) 600-5044, which will ring the Emergency line. Please keep in mind that there may be a delay in our response if the weather is severe and it is not safe for our team members to respond.
Please understand that vendors cannot perform work in wind and rain for safety, so you should take all necessary steps to prevent damage to personal belongings.
Notice: This email message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the recipients to whom it is addressed, and may contain information that is proprietary, privileged and/or confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and delete the original message without making any copies. If you are not the intended recipient, unauthorized review, copying, use, disclosure, or distribution is improper and may be subject to legal sanctions. Although this e-mail and any attachments are believed to be free of any virus or other defect that might affect any computer system into which it is received and opened, it is the responsibility of the recipient to ensure that it is virus free and no responsibility is accepted by Kuester Management Group for any loss or damage arising in any way from its use
Kuester Management Group
The Trusted Partner in Community Management
Office 803.802.0004 | Toll Free 888.600.5044 | Fax 803.802.0005 | Client Services email@example.com | www.kuester.com